Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get.
Easily the most frequently asked question we get! But, it's just not that simple!
We can print business cards with almost limitless options, so when you contact us to discuss your bespoke business cards or invitations or stationery, here are a few tips about what to consider and what we need to know before we can get to a price:
- Which processes do you require? Litho, thermo, foiling, debossing, a combination... or something else?
- What material? What kind of board? Is it coloured, textured? How thick or heavy should the board be?
- What quantities do you need? Do you need multiple items (ie business cards for multiple people at your organisation)?
- Do you have artwork ready to send to us to help give a more accurate quote?
- Do you have a budget to help us tailor a solution to give you the best value?
Only if your document bleeds off the edge of the page. It's the section of your design that's trimmed off when it's cut to final size. It ensures your image reaches the very edge of the design and there are no white edges. At VIP, we need a 3mm bleed on the document.
It's best if you can add bleed while creating your document. Some programs – like lnDesign, Illustrator and Quark allow you to do this. But if you need any help, just give us a call on 020 8539 7559.
Copy mark – Keep your text within those boundaries.
Trim mark – This is where your document will be trimmed.
Bleed mark – Make sure your document extends to this mark to avoid white space.
Keep an eye out for garbled or missing text and check that everything is in the right place.
Make sure you thoroughly proofread and spell check any resource material you send to us and check the spelling on your proofs before you approve them.
We can accept several file types for artwork:
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Adobe Illustrator* (.ai)
- Adobe InDesign* (.indd)
- Quark Express* (.qxd)
- Encapsulated postscript (.eps)
For more information, see our page about how to supply artwork.
Delivery is usually included in the price we quote to you. If you have specific delivery requirements or would like to arrange collection from our address, please let us know.
If in doubt, please contact us to check the delivery cost on your order.